Back to our regularly scheduled program!

Hubby is back to work and our schedule is back to normal!

Yesterday was my first day back to sticking to my diet and I didn't do real well. I did ok up till dinner. That's where it went south. But it wasn't the worst so I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

I did get in a workout yesterday, I took the boys skating! I loved skating as a kid, my mom and I would go 2 times a week and we had a blast!! So I've been wanting to take my kids and finally got to yesterday! The last time I had been skating was about 5 years ago, it was a moms night out. We were horrible, kept falling and decided to just leave and go get drinks instead lol. So I was nervous because here I was, hadn't skating in a long time and had 3 kids who have never skated, ever, to try to help. I don't know if it was because I'm more in shape now than I was even just 8 weeks ago, but definitely more in shape than I was 5 years ago! Or if a higher power just was on my side and knew I needed to be able to help the kids, but I skated, quite well actually! Maybe not as good as 12 yr old me, but not bad for an old lady!! I took my 6, 9 and 12 yr old. I thought the 12 yr old would get it pretty fast, he learns quick. Not the case. The 6 year old was right out there, doing great right off! But he did have special shoes that rolled slower so maybe that's why. 9 year old finally got it after about an hour, he still fell a lot but he was making progress of going further and further without falling. 12 yr old, oh boy, more like me as a kid. I think he wanted to do it so bad, mixed with being anxious as people passed him that he just couldn't stand for a second. He was on the floor more than off. By the time we left he was also getting it. They all of course asked if we could go back tomorrow! I told them next Monday we'll go again, earlier so we can stay more than 2 hours. Signs all over the building say skating burns 600 calories an hour, we were there 2 but I wouldn't say we "skated" 2 hours, maybe an hour. But I mostly circled, over and over again. You can't go backwards so I just did circles going to help each kid. So I got in a good workout lol! Plus lifting them up over and over again had to have been good for my arms haha

Today I'm going to get back to my normal exercising and eating and pray that all the screw ups these last days don't knock me off that beautiful 203 I seen Sunday!!

I'm trying to kick the diet sodas, hubby keeps bringing them home though and the temptation is hard. I told him, I need them to stay out of the house! He says he wants them though. I said, maybe that's why you've gained weight instead of lost lately. Need to get away from it!!

In other news, we got a puppy, 8 week old black mouth cur. Not sure what I was thinking lol! She's cute but I forgot how hard puppies are. Potty training, breaking the biting, chewing ect. But she's a pretty calm pup for the most part. Hopefully we'll turn her into a good farm dog!

Abby!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muscles, pregnancy dreams, kids killing workouts