Exercise curbs appetite.

There are a lot of things they say exercise does that I call total b/s on --- for instance, helping with cramps or making your periods lighter. LIES. It makes me cramp worse and bleed like I've been stabbed in the heart. BUT, the days I get a really good workout in, I don't feel so hungry in the mornings. I'm trying to do nothing but coffee in the mornings again, I feel like the Atkins bars were holding me back. So it does seem to curb appetite for me!

I am looking forward to lunch though! This was yesterdays and I'm planning to do the same today. Now this isn't "Keto" approved but I'm not really doing full keto, I'm doing low-carb. So I have 1/4 cup full fat cottage cheese, 2.8ozs of sliced ham. This is from the deli, but I will tell you it tastes like bacon. It's like really soft, delicious, amazing bacon. 1/2 cup of watermelon and a small salad that consisited of 4 slices (I then chopped) of cucumber, 1 tbs of red onion and 4 cherry tomatoes quartered with 1 tbs of greek dressing, salt & pepper. SOOOO good! And this was UNDER 200 calories, around 12 carbs and I felt full after I ate it! I know the carbs are "high" by keto standards, but again. I'm doing low-carb. I try to keep my carbs at 50g a day so 12 is fine for lunch for me.



Today I got in a nice 45 minute workout, burnt just shy of 500 calories (I really put my heart into it today!). The only issue with working out is what happens while I'm doing it.... HOME DESTRUCTION! My girls got into chips and they made it raaaiinn chips. Books, toys, and they got into a bag of dog treats and it's everywhere. I just cannot seem to get up early enough to get my workout in before they wake up. The earlier I rise, the earlier they rise!! Ahhh! I just deal for now, I know it won't always be this way. In a few years they'll sleep in till 10 like the other kids. So for now, I'll let Abby in to clean the floor and have the girls pick up their toys and we'll do it again tomorrow!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muscles, pregnancy dreams, kids killing workouts