Why didn't I think of that?!

Yesterday afternoon I was talking to my oldest son about wanting a treadmill or an elliptical on our patio so while the girls play I could get in a workout. My husband chimes in, "why don't you just go jog around the goat yard?"

Wait, what?!

Why didn't I think of that?! Of course he's thinking of saving himself $200 but it was a great idea! I've always hated walking/jogging our neighborhoods because of.. neighbors. I feel like I'm being watched and maybe a little judged and it's just not my cup of tea. But out here, no one to watch! No one to judge! And it's a BIG area and if we wanted more we could actually go jog the front acre too! So my son and I had a little jog. He jogged a little, ok, a lot faster than me and he could have probably done 3x the laps I did but we did it! It felt good! We're gonna do it again today and tomorrow. Then add a lap each week. He loves working out so he's really enjoying my desire to exercise.

On the food front...

I decided to make a low-carb pizza last night. Awful. The toppings were great but the crust, ew. Not pizza like, at all. Weird texture, odd taste. Just couldn't. When we make homemade pizza there are never left overs. Well, there were a lot. No one liked it.

 We made these cinnamon donuts, except I didn't have a donut pan so I used a mini-cupcake pan (with liners) and it made 24 little donut bites and they were pretty good! My kids demolished them! The only thing I don't like is the texture with the almond flour or coconut flour, it's hard to adjust to. I was wanting these to be more dense like a real cake donut. But the flavor was there and they made my whole house smell amazing!

Today we made grilled chicken ranch wraps. 1 ounce chicken, half a slice of bacon, 1 slice of tomato, cucumber, 1 tbs of cheese and 1 tbs ranch in a low-carb tortilla - DELICIOUS!

Tonight we're doing bunless burgers, veggy tots and green beans. Always a hit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muscles, pregnancy dreams, kids killing workouts