Today almost got me.

Today was our last awards assembly of the year! When you have a lot of kids, end of year assemblies keep you very busy! Today I had no sitter though, so I had to take my girls and well, they took me! Whew! I sweat more while trying to keep them in line, running in and out as one or the other cried,  than I do during a workout! It was stressful and I was sad I couldn't give my 100% to the kid I was there to see. So when I left and finally got the girls in the car my "stress" response was - EAT. I should eat. Let's go to Chick Fil A. I almost had myself talked into it, by the time I got there they'd be serving lunch. I'd just get nuggets (I know I wouldn't, I'd have caved once I got there). But somehow I talked myself off the limb and I came home. I was pretty hungry, I did coffee way early since I knew my normal coffee time would be get babies dressed to go time. So I came home and I looked in the fridge, in the pantry, in the "snack" cupboard. 

And then I said, NO!

 Go workout. 

And I did. 

Over 30 minutes of cardio!

I'll admit, my heart wasn't into it so according to fitbit I only burnt 258 calories but it was better than eating them! 

Then I decided to make lunch, I heated up left overs from yesterdays lunch out (hubby and I do Hibachi every Monday) for the girls. I don't like to have rice twice a week so I was digging around trying to find something and realized I had a small pack of ground beef so I grabbed that, measured out 4ozs, seasoned it and tossed it in a skilled, threw in 2 Brussel sprouts (quartered) and fried it all up! No added fats, the burger meat was lean so there wasn't a ton of fat, but enough to cook everything. Topped my burger with a slice of pepperjack cheese, a tiny splot of mayo and 2 small tomato slices and it was delicious! I'm eating it right now. 

I love to blog during lunch, makes me eat slower so I feel fuller.

Another tip, put your meal on the smallest plate you own - it makes your brain thing you're getting a FULL plate although you're not. I used our tiny little dessert plates!

Under 400cals and 2carbs! Not too bad! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muscles, pregnancy dreams, kids killing workouts