Maybe not running.

I don't know how accurate the fitbit is but the trend I noticed was that my runs don't burn nearly as many calories as my video workouts. So I thought that was crazy, because they sure FEEL like a bigger workout but according to google (and many many different health sites) running in fact burns less calories than well, most workouts! So I told my husband, when my goal is to burn calories, it just makes sense to double on the aerobic workouts and only do runs if I need a mix up of what I'm doing or if the internet is down or something (that happens, a lot, especially in storm season). The only perk to running is that it's a break from kids. I get to listen to my music and run and not have anyone bugging me.Oh and I get to watch the sunset and the sunsets here are AMAZING!

So I've been doing 2 workouts a day, trying to get at least 30 minutes each (did 40 this morning). Burns roughly 250-400 calories, depending on how much I "put into" it. I also do my arm workouts with 5lb weights - I went from 3 to 5lb last week and hope to jump to 8 (do they make 8?!) or 10 in the future. Then I do a leg circuit of kicks each direction with dips. Now I'm going to add some workouts I found for abs. I can't do typical ab workouts, crunches ect because of my diastisas recti, I almost immediately have awful muscle spasms and it hurts like a B. So I found some ones that are actually supposed to even help heal it! We'll see! I'm not aiming for rock hard abs, but a flat tummy would be nice! 

Going strong! Eating well, I slip here and there but when I do I try to still keep myself on track by fasting that day. Sort of sucks and I regret it later but that's life!  Kids last day is today so the summer crazy will begin!!! But I'll have a bunch of workout partners so that will be good!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muscles, pregnancy dreams, kids killing workouts