Surgery & bad days

Tuesday my husband had his hernia repair surgery. He was scheduled to be at the hospital at 7 30, with plans of surgery starting at 9 30. They took us right back and got all the pre-op stuff done in 30 minutes. Nurse told us that we would probably be heading back around 9 or 9 30 since everything had went so quick!

That didn't happen.

The surgery before him ran late, a lot late. I had fully expected to be home by 1pm, but he didn't even go back till 11 40! Surgery took less than an hour, then he had to stay in recover for 1 1/2 hours then he got to go home once he was able to get up and go to the bathroom, drink ect. We didn't end up getting home till 4 30.

It was stressful for me to say the least, not only with him in surgery but it was the first time our kids have babysat the younger ones for more than an hour or two, instead of the 5 or 6 hours I expected to be gone we were gone 9 1/2! My older two boys were beat after such a long day with the girls, although they both said they were angels all day, watching 2 toddlers is hard work! But they did great.

We got home, I got hubby sat up on the couch with food and drink and then I had to take our 12 yr old to the school for his band concert. So I sat there from 5 30 to 8. It was a nice concert but I had sat all day and my butt and back were just dying. The lady next to me probably thought I was a meth head because I was wiggling around so much!

Food wise, not a good day. The hospital had nothing good. All breaded crap, the only things decent were the salads and a turkey burger but the grill line was so long I went with the salad. It was awful. Then later while I was waiting to be able to join him in recovery I was dying from my crappy lunch and got weak and bought a pudding from the cafeteria. It was awful. I couldn't even eat half of it. Awwwful. Too sweet. Maybe for the best.

Then after the band concert hubby called and said the kids were hungry and no one wanted pizza so I should grab something. Where we live the options are pretty limited. So burger king it was. I ate a handful of fries out of the bag on the way home, I know it was bad, I shouldn't have. But I'm kind of glad I did because it was the last thing I got to eat. Once home, both girls lost their minds so I had to promptly take them to bed, 8 yr old wasn't full off 1 hamburger (I think 5 of my 6 are going through growth spurts) so I gave him mine. I guess probably also, for the best, for me at least.

Got the girls to bed, at this point it was 10pm. I made sure hubby was good for the night. The boys had all put themselves to bed and I called it a night.

Woke up at 4am... CHARLIE HORSE!!! OMG! It lasted for like 25 minutes.  I'm sure it was from dehydration, I had drank next to nothing all day. So I made up for that the next day, drinking lots and lots of water. I was also just exhausted all day, no work outs and didn't track food all day. Bad me.

Woke up today (Thursday) feeling myself again though so back to tracking. Hoping to get a workout in tonight, my muscle on my leg is still super duper sore from that charlie horse though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muscles, pregnancy dreams, kids killing workouts