Hurts so good!

Every thing hurts. Shins, knees, arms, legs. 

 But it's a good hurt! It is a *I've burnt 600-700 calories a day in exercise* hurt!
I told my husband I may have to take a break today and he says, "You say that but you won't". He's right. I'm gonna keep going, no pain no gain. 

Today my Kindergartner had his awards assembly so I went to that,  I didn't end up having time to drink my morning coffee but I did sneak in 1 of these amazing chocolate muffins. However, I count on that morning coffee to "hold me" till lunch. It always does. So not having it? I was STARVING when I left the awards at 10am! My first instinct is - FAST FOOD. Where can I go get food. All we have in town is a McDonalds and there isn't much there I can eat, plus it was still breakfast. So I ran into the store and grabbed a few things we needed at home. The cookies and bakery items were calling me but I ignored them. Got home, wanted to eat something so bad but instead I changed into workout clothes and did 24 minutes (according to my fitbit) of exercise! Drank a bunch of water too! At this point it was 11 and the girls were hungry so I made them lunch and reheated my last left over lunch (hubby made some amazing jalapeno popper stuffed chicken and it is so so good, 1 breast has lasted me 3 days). Since I skipped my coffee and those calories/carbs, I treated myself to a cup of broccoli/cauliflower mix and a few green olives with lunch. Yummy! Really hit the spot.

So going back to my pain, when my husband was in the hospital they gave him these compression socks to wear for a few days at home, they are supposed to help prevent clots following surgery. So they had been washed and were sitting there in my room and I thought - I wonder if those would help with my shin pain? They did. Instant pain relief! So I am debating wearing them while I run tonight to see if they help.


So those muffins.... try um!!


 I used coconut oil in place of the avocado oil and just used water since we had no almond milk. It actually made 12 good-sized muffins for me. So I added and divided my macros accordingly. I also didn't use a blender, just my kitchen aid mixer like any other baked good! The batter is really thick, not like cake or muffin mix, more like a thin cookie dough. I was worried they were going to be awful but they were mom and kid approved!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muscles, pregnancy dreams, kids killing workouts