Here we go... (again)

My husband and I have decided to lose some weight again, our goal is 50lbs. We've tried so many diets and failed every time. Usually we don't even make a week. The calorie-cutting, salads all day, feeling starving just doesn't last.

We both have much more motivations this time, my husbands weight has gotten out of hand to the point he struggles putting on shoes or bending over. He realized it's ridiculous that he struggles to put his shoes on. For me, one of our two year old twins took off running for the road a few weeks ago and I couldn't catch her. I got close enough to tap her shoulder and she fell, thank god, otherwise she would have been in the road. A 45mph road. I couldn't believe I couldn't catch her. Plus after I felt like I was going to die, it took me half an hour just to catch my breath from the run. Ridiculous.

Previous diets we've just tried to cut calories and eat clean, but the recipes are like - 2 cups of salad with lime juice and cilantro. Gross. I've always gave up because I'd rather be fat than live off that, ya know? We've tried many but the food has always just been awful and ruined it for us.

This time we really decided to look at what is causing our weight and fix that. Our weaknesses are sweets, soda, candy, cake and junk. We love it. Bread, pastas and rice. Love those too. So, carbs and sugars are our issue. We eat a lot of carbs. So we realized we need to cut carbs, we've always tried to cut fats which most things low in fat are even higher in carbs. Fat isn't the enemy. Carbs are.

I've been seeing a lot of people doing this keto diet and losing a lot of weight. I thought - how is it even possible to lose weight eating bacon? I've never been on a diet that allowed bacon! Or mayo! Or dressings! But after really researching it I understand how it works and we looked at some meal plans and realized - we can probably do that. Not having to give up meat and eggs and cheese and dressings is a winner for us.

I spent hours finding recipes for a week, ordered the food and we'll see how it goes.


Hubby started the week at 255lbs, me at 224.4

He wants to get down to about 200, I want to hit 175.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muscles, pregnancy dreams, kids killing workouts